Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In TurboTax why are my itemized deductions reduced for married filing jointly status when AGI exceeds $156,900?

My AGI increased from 149,112 to 164,483 when I entered the 1099 for an inherited IRA required distribution of 15,371. With no other changes my itemized deductions were reduced from 22,048 to 20,895. (I believe the threshold for reduced itemized deductions is 313,800 for married filing jointly.)

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

In TurboTax why are my itemized deductions reduced for married filing jointly status when AGI exceeds $156,900?

You are correct.  The phase-out for Married Filing Separate begins at $156,900.  Please double check to make sure you are marked MFJ.

The 1040 is clearly marked married filing jointly. I believe there is a fault in TurboTax calculation logic.

It sounds like it.  I can not see your return at all,so I was just making sure.  I will pass this on
tjstumo

I am having the same issue, please fix this, and soon!!
michireeb

I am having the same issue. How do i resolve this?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies