Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In the state taxes tab, employee business expenses summary, there is an Occupation that shows "Untitled", I click edit, but there is no way to edit/delete. How 2 delete?

If not sure, is there a premier support number where i can call them so I can talk with them about this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Cindy0H

In the state taxes tab, employee business expenses summary, there is an Occupation that shows "Untitled", I click edit, but there is no way to edit/delete. How 2 delete?

Do you want to delete the employee business expenses?

Try removing the form from Forms Mode 

It shows you are using a MAC desktop, - (see attached screenshot for a sample of how to remove a form in MAC desktop - screenshot references W2 but you can use it for any form)

• Load up your tax return on your computer
  • Switch to "Forms" mode - the icon in top left corner of your program
  • You should now see a list of the forms in your return on the left-hand side of the program
  • First, look for a Form 2106 in the Federal section that corresponds to the Untitled Occupation and click on it (there may or may not be one depending on your entries)
  • This should bring up the Form 2106 form in your active window
  • Click on the Forms option on your menu (top of your screen you should see your Apple icon, then TurboTax, then File, Edit, View, Forms, Easystep, Flags, Window, and Help - click Forms)
  • There should be an option to remove the 2106 form from the dropdown menu under Forms
  • Remove this form and then scroll down to your state forms section and see if there is still a form that corresponds to the Untitled job (it may get automatically removed if you remove the federal form) - if not, repeat above process for the state return
McLuck805

No-I want to be able and give my occupation an actual name rather than be known as "untitled"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies