Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In my consolidated vanguard brokerage tax statement, it includes multiple sections (1099DIV, 1099INT, and 1099B). If these last 3 only have 0s, do I need to submit them?

The only section that has numbers besides 0's is the 1099DIV. So, do I still need to submit a separate 1099INT and 1099B for Vanguard just saying that the values are all 0's?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

In my consolidated vanguard brokerage tax statement, it includes multiple sections (1099DIV, 1099INT, and 1099B). If these last 3 only have 0s, do I need to submit them?

use your own judgement and common sense.

I had the same situation with my Pershing LLC summary statement(s).  According to my investment manager and tax consultant, you only file for the pages with interest and/or dividends where the IRS can take their pound of flesh.  If you send zeros, it won't make any difference, just wastes your time, more. 

Thank you so much DaphneMarine for your helpful answer! 🙂  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies