Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cy-fixen

In Colorado, taxpayers get TABOR refunds of $800/person. This was not included by TurboTax to my knowledge. I already filed my taxes. How can this be fixed?

here is information on the TABOR refunds: https://tax.colorado.gov/TABOR
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
BillM223
Expert Alumni

In Colorado, taxpayers get TABOR refunds of $800/person. This was not included by TurboTax to my knowledge. I already filed my taxes. How can this be fixed?

Yes, it is included in TurboTax.

First, you must be at least 18 and a fulltime resident for TurboTax to show you the questions below, or else TurboTax will not show them to you.

You need to go all the way through your Colorado interview to get the credit and answer two questions:

There two screens near the end of the Colorado interview that you have to pass through and make the correct answers to trigger the Colorado Sales Tax Refund:

1. "Qualifying for the Colorado state sales tax refund" (this is where the question about days incarcerated is)

2. "Qualifying for the Colorado sales tax refund" (where you have to indicate your filing date)

Once you have clicked on Yes on the second screen, the TABOR refund will be added.

Let this be a lesson for all TurboTax users, that when you start a section in TurboTax, that you finish it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies