kjoyner96

In 2018 Turbo tax How do I issue 1099-misc to my contractors?

I used 2017 to do this last year, but can't find where I need to go to do this and I can't find any help to show me online.

MinhT

To prepare forms 1099-MISC or W-2 for a company in TurboTax Home & Business or TurboTax Business, save your open return and start a new return.

• On the Start a new return screen, click on Prepare W2/1099 (see attached screenshot).
  • On the next page, you will be given a choice between preparing your forms Online or using your desktop.
  • We recommend doing it online as you can e-file for free. You can still print the forms to send to your employees or contractors.
  • Click Choose Online and you will be taken to the TurboTax Quick Employer Forms (QEF) website.
  • Sign in with your TurboTax username and password. If you do not have an account, click Create Account to create a new account. Note carefully the username and password as you need then if you need to retrieve the forms later.
  • After signing in, click on Create New Form
  • On the next page, choose the type of forms you wish to prepare then click Continue to begin entering information for your forms.

MinhT