`
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

In 2013 I was paid and I filed as a 1099. Upon leaving and getting unemployment EDD found me as an employee. Can I refile that years taxes? If so, how?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

In 2013 I was paid and I filed as a 1099. Upon leaving and getting unemployment EDD found me as an employee. Can I refile that years taxes? If so, how?

No. There's a three year limit for amending a return and a getting  a refund.

Even if you fell in the time limit, it would be a tricky situation to amend.

Being classified as an employee for unemployment compensation might not automatically mean you were one for tax purposes.

You might try contacting the Social security Administration and explain your situation. There may be some remedy through their system. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

No. There's a three year limit for amending a return and a getting  a refund.

Even if you fell in the time limit, it would be a tricky situation to amend.

Being classified as an employee for unemployment compensation might not automatically mean you were one for tax purposes.

You might try contacting the Social security Administration and explain your situation. There may be some remedy through their system. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you so much for your help.