turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pjw64

Importing new/corrected 1099 wipes out/deletes other previous downloads from other accounts in the same brokerage

I am using TT desktop. I am importing data from multiple accounts with Fidelity. Connection and download this year are working fine except... If I try to only import the data from one account (for example specific account tax 1099 just available or corrected) by selecting only the new file to import in the drop down, all the previous download information is lost after the download is completed. I have to select all the accounts again to redownload. The problem is that will then overwrite additional information I previously entered  for the accounts files that have not changed. Seems that I should be able to select just the new or corrected file by highlighting in the download drop box without losing the other previously imported files??

(Another example, previously downloaded 1099-b, but when I selected a single 1099 Div account to download, the previous 1099-b file downloads are lost.)

Any thoughts appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Importing new/corrected 1099 wipes out/deletes other previous downloads from other accounts in the same brokerage

Multiple Brokerage Accounts 

If you have a single broker for multiple accounts, when the selecting to add another account for the same broker: 

• Clear cookies and then search for your broker via the search bar rather than clicking the broker icon. 
  • This should allow the screen to input account information and import the data. 

TurboTax does have a record limitation of 10,000 individual transactions in one or more brokerage accounts. 

If you hit the transaction import limit, they recommend you enter a summary of your transactions for each sales category.

This answer was from:  Multiple Brokerage Accounts 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pjw64

Thanks - i can actually see all the accounts and drop down actually allows me to select which file to import. However if i select one new file to import (after previously importing other files), the new file is downloaded but the previous files are gone. The only option is to select all the files again including the new file. That works but you lose any additional info previously added to the earlier downloads (ie us gov’t and state interest)

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

I do understand the issue.

Please try this alternative.

1. Clear cookies and 
  2. Then search for your broker via the search bar rather than clicking the broker icon. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pjw64

Appreciate the tip - I will try on a "new" return to avoid losing the supplemental information entered for the previously down loaded files.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies