Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

suemac01

Importing 1099s from Chas Schwab

I am having the same problem that others are reporting but I can add a few details.

(1) I am trying to amend a return from 2020.  Using the original CD, (Home/Business)  I was able to download from Schwab for my original filing.

(2) Now that I am trying to amend, and have updated the software,  I can no longer download.

(3) I do not have third-party access recorded with but Schwab but am told that I do not need it.  Schwab is an Intuit  tax partner so I this should be worked out.

(4) Like others, I can select Charles Schwab as the brokerage on the list of tax partners but when I select "continue," I never get a dialog box that allows me to enter my credentials. Like others, I have no problem obtaining a box for credentials when I select a different tax partner for 1099 info.

Has a solution been devised to this problem for the years that are affected?  It seems like a good number of people are wasting a good amount of valuable time because of this problem.  I would love to have it fixed.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The ability to import 1099s is only for the current tax year. It is not available for past years.

i was able to import from 2021 but not 2020

If you are amending Schedule D/8949, you'll have to make the changes using EDIT/UPDATE.

If you are not amending that aspect, there's no reason to import financial data a second time.

@suemac01 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies