turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hosai77

Log out of turbotax

Why is it so hard to log out
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
DanielD

Log out of turbotax

If you click on my My Account at the top while you are within your return then there will be a link that says Save and Sign Out. If you are not in an open return then TurboTax Online saves your return after each screen in case one were to get disconnected accidentally. So you can go a neutral screen where you are not inputting any data, and then close the browser.

null304

Log out of turbotax

Not true with Chrome.  The menu under My Account does not show sometimes with Chrome.  
If I want to log out and then log into a different account for a different return, I have to wait for a timeout to occur server-side before I can log in to the other account.
FIX IT intuit!
arun
Level 3

Log out of turbotax

I am facing the problem with Firefox browser (52.0.2). This has been happening after I filed the tax. I dont know if this is because of flash player not being latest. But i think, for the security conscious folks, turbotax should fix this quickly. This HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A WEEK !!

Log out of turbotax

I have the same problem & turbo tax still has not fixed this glitch. Its now Aug. 23, 2017.

Log out of turbotax

It's november 21, 2017 and this still isn't fixed!  I have Chrome and it does not have a Save & Sign out option or any other log out option.

Log out of turbotax

I don't think they are trying to fix it, since the new 2017 product is coming.  I'm not sure they even know what it is causing it.  It is unpredictable, and sometimes resolves on its own.    I've been lucky that it has not happened to me, but I know another SuperUser who it frequently happens to.

When 2017 goes online in a couple of weeks, I believe there will be a "Save and sign out" link in the bottom left.  Hopefully, that will solve it.

In the meantime have you tried a different browser to see if that makes a difference?    Also try clearing cookies and browser Internet cache.

Log out of turbotax

I have tried IE and Chrome and neither one shows a My Account to click.  It is unnerving that I am doing my taxes in a buggy system.   Please fix this!

Log out of turbotax

earnestcscb97
This is an answer from last year and an issue that was present in the old website.  The website has been redesigned for 2017.   It's not done with a MY ACCOUNT button any more.   So you will not see a MY ACCOUNT button when working on your return.   

Here's how it's done this year:

To sign out go to the left menu column.  Scroll the left menu way down, and choose "Sign Out."  There may even be a gap between the menu and the "Sign Out", so if necessary scroll the menu down as far as you can.

When posting in the forum, note that many of the questions are 1-2 years old so you have to put that into the perspective.  You can start your own new thread at anytime instead of posting in old threads.  When  you start a new thread, it also shows up to the whole forum as unanswered and needing help.
joblo

Log out of turbotax

2021 and cannot sign out or edit on Safari or Chrome.  Also I cannot edit.  Every action I do takes me to the payment screen and asks me to file.  I am not finished yet.  Clicked every single option.  So sick of this. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies