cperroni20

If Turbo Tax advises that I will not have to file estimated Federal taxes in 2019, does it have to do with using the standard deduction instead of itemizing?

I am retired and have filed estimated taxes for years. I don't understand why Turbo Tax says I will not have to files estimated taxes in 2019.

Vanessa

If TurboTax is saying you do not have to file estimated taxes in 2019, it would be because you do not have a tax liability that would require those payments.  This means, based on the information you are entering, you either should not owe taxes or you are having enough taken out of your pension or social security or both.

Vanessa