Solved: If TT told you to do it, then I would do so. This ...

My tax return was accepted by irs. Tubotax had asked me to mail form 8453 to irs. do i need to do that?

If TT told you to do it, then I would do so. This is typically done because you reported a summary of stock/fund sales from one or more 1099-Bs. You are required to report the details of each and every sale unless elect to report a summary (by gain type on your 1040 Schedule D/Forms 8949s) and you mail in an 8453 and include the brokers' detailed statement showing every sale.