Solved: If TT told you to do it, then I would do so. This ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My tax return was accepted by irs. Tubotax had asked me to mail form 8453 to irs. do i need to do that?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 8

My tax return was accepted by irs. Tubotax had asked me to mail form 8453 to irs. do i need to do that?

If TT told you to do it, then I would do so. This is typically done because you reported a summary of stock/fund sales from one or more 1099-Bs. You are required to report the details of each and every sale unless elect to report a summary (by gain type on your 1040 Schedule D/Forms 8949s) and you mail in an 8453 and include the brokers' detailed statement showing every sale.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 8

If TT told you to do it, then I would do so. This is typically done because you reported a summary of stock/fund sales from one or more 1099-Bs. You are required to report the details of each and every sale unless elect to report a summary (by gain type on your 1040 Schedule D/Forms 8949s) and you mail in an 8453 and include the brokers' detailed statement showing every sale.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings