Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If the efile of my state return has been rejected due to the Federal 1099R entry remove any commas or periods in the line 2 name field for the Payer, how can I fix that?

Description of error:
Data in the return is missing or invalid. Please double check your entries.
What needs to be done:
On the Federal 1099R entry remove any commas or periods in the line 2 name field for the Payer. When these characters have been removed you may re-transmit for E-File.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If the efile of my state return has been rejected due to the Federal 1099R entry remove any commas or periods in the line 2 name field for the Payer, how can I fix that?

This was not at all helpful since it was my state return that was rejected and the federal return, where I had entered the 1099-R information, had already been filed and accepted. How could I possibly then had gone back and made changes? Turbotax should have automatically made those changes for me. I am extremely dissatisfied that I had to go through the motions repeatedly and ended up sending my return by mail.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Go back to your 1099-R entries and check the second Name entry for the payer.  Correct or remove if needed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This was not at all helpful since it was my state return that was rejected and the federal return, where I had entered the 1099-R information, had already been filed and accepted. How could I possibly then had gone back and made changes? Turbotax should have automatically made those changes for me. I am extremely dissatisfied that I had to go through the motions repeatedly and ended up sending my return by mail.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies