Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Chaise88

I received letter 4883C to verify my identity. I dont have two of my W2’s but do i really need them? What kind of questions will be asked?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DianeW
Expert Alumni

I received letter 4883C to verify my identity. I dont have two of my W2’s but do i really need them? What kind of questions will be asked?

The IRS is confirming your identity and that you filed the tax return. Be prepared with your tax return information and contact your employers to get copies if necessary.  Call the IRS first, then you will know if you need to do anything further.

Please review this link for more information about your letter. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/employees/understanding-your-4883c-letter

What happens after I call?

We’ll continue processing your tax return once we verify your identity and confirm that you submitted the return. If you did file the return, please know it will take approximately nine weeks to process it once you verify your identity.

Klima_

Hello i have a question
Klima_

If my mother has claim my child. But so did my boyfriernd but he didnt no my mother was claiming my kid wat is going to happen to both of them? He just recieved a 4883c letter from IRS to call wat should i say to them please Help ASAP
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies