ticketseller68

If my aunt died in july 2017 when can i file her taxes

IreneS

I'm sorry for your loss.

You can file the final return for your aunt whenever you have all the documentation (W-2s, interest & dividend and brokerage statements, mortgage interest, property taxes, etc.).  Keep in mind that the tax deadlines are the same for a deceased person as they are for the rest of us.

When you are preparing your aunt's return, make sure to note on the Your Personal Info screen, in section 3, that "I'm preparing this return for [XX], who has passed away."  

[Edited | 3/26/2020 |  8:30 am PDT]

IreneS

I'm sorry for your loss.

[Edited | 3/26/2020 |  8:30 am PDT]

macuser_22

Suggest that you read IRS Pub 559 (Survivors, Executors, and Administrators) for a lot of good information about filing the final return and estate return and other requirements.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p559.pdf">https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p559.pdf</a>