justinlmeyer

If my 2016 federal returns were rejected because of an incorrect EIN, how do I refile by paper?

jbeasley2

You can still file your last year's return with the TurboTax CD/Download version, TurboTax Online is no longer available for 2016.  You can see the prior year programs available for purchase here: Prior year TurboTax Products

If you want to complete a return you started in TurboTax Online,  follow the instructions below to complete it in TurboTax:

1. Download the .tax file for your prior-year return  (not the PDF) and save it on your computer. We recommend saving to your desktop for ease of retrieval.
  2. Open your TurboTax CD/Download version and select Find a Tax File.  Browse your computer to the tax data file you downloaded in Step 1. Select the file and click Open.
  3. You will now be able to finish your return and can print out and mail your return.  Be sure to sign and attach your W-2 or other required documents. 

suesy4458