billhig15

If I received a W2 and my wife received a 1099-misc. & we file married jointly, which Turbotax product should I use?

ScruffyCurmudgeon

If you use the Desktop product, and not the online service, all versions (except Basic)  of the Desktop product provide for all the forms that TurboTax supports, including the entry of Form 1099-MISC meaning that your spouse is a "Sole Proprietor" and will have generated a Schedule C and Schedule SE as a component of your Form 1040 - assuming Married Filing Jointly.

The difference in desktop versions is not what they can do but that from Deluxe through Premium to Home&Business, the level of instruction increases and for someone who has never filed with Schedule C, the most instruction is in H&B.

If you instead choose online, the same applies as to Deluxe up to the most instructive, most expenses "Self-Employed" version

Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, Locals 718/30, retired firefighter/medic; univ faculty NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
- Strategy & Quantitative Methods Med-M&M, Law discriminatory statistics, Med & PH - epidemiology statistics;
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3
-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------No Not an Intuit Employee - Just donating my time

ScruffyCurmudgeon

USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

billhig15

Thank you Scruffy_Curmudgeon!
billhig15

Thank you Scruffy_Curmudgeon!