Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I already efiled and it's pending so if biden raises child tax credits etc will my refund be increases accordingly ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If I already efiled and it's pending so if biden raises child tax credits etc will my refund be increases accordingly ?

There is not law yet.  It may never pass.  Nobody knows what it will or will not do or if it will be retroactive to 2020.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I understand that , I'm just saying IF IT WOULD PASS FOR THIS TAX SEASON FOR 2020 TAXES and I already efiled and it's pending till they start accepting them Feb 12 would my refund be adjusted 

@jeffnlilly wrote:

I understand that , I'm just saying IF IT WOULD PASS FOR THIS TAX SEASON FOR 2020 TAXES and I already efiled and it's pending till they start accepting them Feb 12 would my refund be adjusted 

No.  Any tax law change would take months to be implemented.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies