Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I worked for myself independently housekeeping. Which do I file my earnings under

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I worked for myself independently housekeeping. Which do I file my earnings under

Housekeeping is an example of a sole proprietorship, a business that you own and operate.

Go to the Business tab in TurboTax Self-Employed (Online) or Home & Business (CD/download software), and then go to Business Income and Expenses. Click Start and then add your business, and go through the interview listing your income and expenses.

The information that you enter will allow you to fully deduct all necessary and reasonable business expenses and net them against your income.

This information will be found on Schedule C when you finish your return.

[Edited 3/23/2020 1:09 pm CDT - cleaned up product names]

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Housekeeping is an example of a sole proprietorship, a business that you own and operate.

Go to the Business tab in TurboTax Self-Employed (Online) or Home & Business (CD/download software), and then go to Business Income and Expenses. Click Start and then add your business, and go through the interview listing your income and expenses.

The information that you enter will allow you to fully deduct all necessary and reasonable business expenses and net them against your income.

This information will be found on Schedule C when you finish your return.

[Edited 3/23/2020 1:09 pm CDT - cleaned up product names]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies