turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was sent an identity certification letter from my state. Will this effect when I receive my federal return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AlanT
Expert Alumni

I was sent an identity certification letter from my state. Will this effect when I receive my federal return?

No, the identity certification letter from your State will not affect your federal return.  It will affect when you will receive your State return if you do not provide the required information.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlanT
Expert Alumni

No, the identity certification letter from your State will not affect your federal return.  It will affect when you will receive your State return if you do not provide the required information.  

The status of my federal return is still saying processing. What would be the reason for that? Is that normal or is something effecting it?
AlanT
Expert Alumni

It is normal.  This year with all of the changes and the extra security measures, returns are taking longer to process.  If you are receiving earned income credit or child tax credit, that could be the reason for the delay.  

It was accepted 2/22/19. Yes I did receive earned income and the child tax credit however you wouldn't think it would take that long to process it.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies