Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aod92

I was reviewing my tax transcripts from last year, and I noticed that there is a code 922 on it dated 11/25/2018, with balance of $0. Anyone know what this means?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies
Ashby

I was reviewing my tax transcripts from last year, and I noticed that there is a code 922 on it dated 11/25/2018, with balance of $0. Anyone know what this means?

Code 922 on a transcript is a "review of unreported income". It most likely means there was some type of income in the past that you did not report on your tax return. It could be quite small and no action will be taken. If there was something significant you may get a notice in the mail known as CP2000 that will show what they have on their records versus what you reported. This is most likely for tax year 2017.

aod92

Thank you. The review is dated 11/25/2018, and it does show $0.00.  Would I have been notified by now?
Ashby

Unfortunately, maybe not. Between the general slow nature of IRS processing times and the government shutdown, you could still receive a notice. Sometimes, the financial institution reporting forms do no get tied to your tax transcript until much later in the year.
aod92

I reported all my income though the only thing I can think of is an interest statement from the bank but it would literally be for under $5.00. Would that cause an alert?
Ashby

It could cause the 922 on your transcript, but they would not send you a CP2000. That would not change your tax situation enough for it to be worth the effort.
aod92

Would this put me at a higher audit risk for 2018 now?
Ashby

Doubtful, even if you get a CP2000, the IRS sends out tens of thousands of these notices each year. The audit rate is between 0.5 and 0.7 percent of individual returns. I'd say your chances are still very slim 🙂

I have the same 922 code on my 2017 taxes with the amount of 0.00. Should I be worried about my 2018 taxes?  I mean it says 0.00 if there was a amount that was incorrect would they have populated it ?

i have the same 922 on my 2017 taxes do you have an update on what is going on ?

I have the same code on my 2017 transcript but no transcript for 2018 and no refund so far.  Not good
Mpalmam43

I just checked my refund transcripts from 2019 and submitted my return Feb 3rd. It's accepted and processing. Expecting my refund deposit next week. My preparer in 2018 failed to attach a w2. I see the notice on my 2019 transcripts saying code 922 and $0.00 dated 2/18/2020. Should I be concerned they will hold up my 2019 refund process over this?

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Not reporting a W-2 in 2018 may delay your 2019 refund. It is likely that your refund for 2018 would have been lower had this additional W-2 been included. With that, some of your 2019 refund may be offset to pay the shortfall from 2018. This does take time to process. To determine exactly how the IRS will handle this in your specific situation, please call the IRS at 800-829-1040.

@Mpalmam43

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Tiffy2

I have a code or 922 $0 on my 2018 return in now wanting to know has anybody else experienced this?

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Code 922 on a transcript is a "review of unreported income". It most likely means there was some type of income in the past that you did not report on your tax return. If the amount for code 922 is zero there was no impact on your tax return and is no need to worry.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies