Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was just sent a new ippin number. How do I go refile with turbo tax? Thx for the help.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I was just sent a new ippin number. How do I go refile with turbo tax? Thx for the help.

Did you efile a return with TurboTax Online that was rejected due to incorrect or missing IP PIN?   Is that what you mean by needing to "refile?"    If so, here's how to open your return back up to get to the IP PIN section.   Once you enter the IP PIN, go to the FILE section to resubmit your efile.  When efiling, be sure you go to the final screen and click a big orange button "Transmit Return Now."

• At the Tax Home scroll down and click on "Add a State."   That doesn't really add one, but opens the return interview back up.
  • When your return is open, click in the top right on SEARCH icon (magnifying glass).
  • Enter the term IP PIN without quotes.  When entering, ignore the dropdown menu, and instead after entering, click the small magnifying glass on that same line.
  • Then click on Jump to IP PIN.

Or if that method doesn't work for you, here's a second way:

• With your return open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then choose subtab TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window choose TOPIC SEARCH.
  • Enter the term IP PIN without quotes.
  • In the selection list highlight IP PIN and click GO.

Or here's a third navigation method:

• With your return open, in the left menu column, click Federal.
  • Then in the submenu choose  Other Tax Situations.
  • If this is your first time in that section, answer the preliminary questions, and it may ask you if you have an IP PIN.  If so, indicate "yes", and keep following the screens as it guides you to enter it.
  • If it doesn't, such as if you've previously been in that section, click on "See all uncommon tax situations" to see all the topics in that section.
  • In the "Uncommon tax situations" list, scroll down to Other Return Info, and expand to see the subtopics, one of which is Identity Protection PIN.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies