Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tmsa92

I was incarcerated until July of 2017. As an inmate I believe I was covered through the state. I did not receive any forms from them. How do I prove I was covered?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

I was incarcerated until July of 2017. As an inmate I believe I was covered through the state. I did not receive any forms from them. How do I prove I was covered?

If you are asking about the ACA health insurance requirements, then you just have to claim an exemption - code "F" when entering your health insurance information for the months you were incarcerated.

You would be able to claim a short coverage gap exemption (if you went without coverage for less than 3 consecutive months during the year after you got out) which is exemption code "B"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DS30

Are you asking about the health insurance requirement?
DS30

If you are asking about the ACA health insurance requirements, then you just have to claim an exemption - code "F" when entering your health insurance information for the months you were incarcerated.

You would be able to claim a short coverage gap exemption (if you went without coverage for less than 3 consecutive months during the year after you got out) which is exemption code "B"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies