turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was divorced 2019. My last tax return filed is 2018 and it was married joint. My ex has filed her 2019 but I have not filed yet. How will this impact stimulus $$$

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

I was divorced 2019. My last tax return filed is 2018 and it was married joint. My ex has filed her 2019 but I have not filed yet. How will this impact stimulus $$$

As long as your ex did not (erroneously) file jointly with you for 2019, she will not receive your stimulus payment. You will want to file your 2019 return ASAP so the IRS has your filing status and direct deposit information for issuance of the payment. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

2018 taxes was filed jointly which got snatched but 2019 I didn't file taxes he filed by himself so I haven't received my stimulus I'm wondering what's going on he received his because he file taxes for 2019 what's going on

Are you required to file a 2019 tax return? If you are, you should go ahead and file it.

If you are not going to file a return, use the non filer portal to register for the stimulus payment: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

See the IRS portal for your current status: Get My Payment | Internal Revenue Service

See these Q&As: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies