Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aztech101

I was approved with an EIN in 2017 , but I received most of my 1099’s with my SS#, do I file taxes with my SS# or the new EIN ?

I have a small business and in 2017 it was approved to be an LLC 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmandaR1

I was approved with an EIN in 2017 , but I received most of my 1099’s with my SS#, do I file taxes with my SS# or the new EIN ?

You should enter your form 1099s, exactly as they are reported to you. You'll essentially use both numbers, your Social Security number and your business EIN.

As a LLC with only one member, your LLC business is completely disregarded for tax purposes and you file your business as self-employed, with your personal return. Your self-employed business is already being filed under your Social Security number since your business is filed with your personal return (so don't be worried about the 1099s with your SS on them). 

When the software asks if your business has an EIN, you should say yes and include your business EIN with your schedule C. You'll also include your LLC business name in the Basic/General Information too. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AmandaR1

You should enter your form 1099s, exactly as they are reported to you. You'll essentially use both numbers, your Social Security number and your business EIN.

As a LLC with only one member, your LLC business is completely disregarded for tax purposes and you file your business as self-employed, with your personal return. Your self-employed business is already being filed under your Social Security number since your business is filed with your personal return (so don't be worried about the 1099s with your SS on them). 

When the software asks if your business has an EIN, you should say yes and include your business EIN with your schedule C. You'll also include your LLC business name in the Basic/General Information too. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies