Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

charlotte0-0
Returning Member

I was a dependent on my parents in 2022 and did not get a tax return, but when I choose the option ‘did not file in 2022’ as suggested it got rejected.

When doing the final verification that asks for your tax return from the previous year, I chose “I did not file a tax return in 2022”, because I did not. As the selection elaborates, I was a dependent on my parents in 2022 and did not receive a tax return. But then my tax return got rejected. So I tried to fix it with the app recommended 1098-A( I believe,) form, it just had me going in circles. So I tried again, double checked everything, and it got rejected a second time. An I doing something wrong, am I unaware of something, or is there something wrong with this part of the process on TurboTax’s part?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

I was a dependent on my parents in 2022 and did not get a tax return, but when I choose the option ‘did not file in 2022’ as suggested it got rejected.

Please clarify your question.

Unfortunately, we can't see your tax return to to evaluate your problem.   I'll have to ask you a couple of questions.

If something is incorrect, we can resolve it.

• Why did you reference the 1098-A (Mortgage Interest)
  • Did you get a 1095-A (Marketplace Health plan)?
  • Is their an error code on the rejection?
  • You were correct to answer: "You did not file in 2022."

Please contact us again with any additional questions or to provide some additional details.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies