risel2014

I've received a statement showing interest income from the Internal Revenue Service. Where do I enter it?

AnnetteB

Enter it in the interest income section, reporting the interest amount as if it were in Box 1 of Form 1099-INT. 

Use these steps to go to that section:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)

• This opens a box where you can type in “1099-INT” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)

• The search results will give you an option to “Jump to 1099-INT

• Click on the blue “Jump to 1099-INT” link

AnnetteB

Use these steps to go to that section: