Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I used Turbotax Deluxe. The kicker refund from Oregon was calculated incorrectly and my refund was lowered by almost $1000. I checked their math and it was correct.

The Oregon kicker was supposed to be the amount on 2022 Form 40 line 22 multiplied by 44.28%. The adjusted Oregon kicker was calculated correctly in the refund adjustment letter I received from the state. Why did TurboTax calculate it wrong?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC
Expert Alumni

I used Turbotax Deluxe. The kicker refund from Oregon was calculated incorrectly and my refund was lowered by almost $1000. I checked their math and it was correct.

You have to enter or confirm your 2022 OR tax liability on the Kicker Credit screen.   Then TurboTax multiplies that number by 44.28%.   It sounds like the correct 2022 tax liability wasn't entered.   Was the amount of 2022 tax liability entered incorrectly, or did TurboTax not use 44.28%?   What did you enter on the following screen?

Accuracy Guarantee - If TurboTax did not use 44.28% to calculate your credit, use that link to file a claim.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

You have to enter or confirm your 2022 OR tax liability on the Kicker Credit screen.   Then TurboTax multiplies that number by 44.28%.   It sounds like the correct 2022 tax liability wasn't entered.   Was the amount of 2022 tax liability entered incorrectly, or did TurboTax not use 44.28%?   What did you enter on the following screen?

Accuracy Guarantee - If TurboTax did not use 44.28% to calculate your credit, use that link to file a claim.  

Thank you for your help. I checked the value in TurboTax and it was wrong. I'm pretty sure I didn't set it since it's so easy to find the correct value. So we have a mystery. How did it get set to the wrong value?

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

The amount entered for the Kicker Credit was entered on the screen, Tell us about your 2022 Oregon return. Your prior year Oregon tax liability and credit for income taxes paid to another state are entries that have to be inputted by the taxpayer and is not inputted by TurboTax. 

@eltonrsmith 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies