turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tmontalbano14
Returning Member

I tried to import a TXF file and it freezes not allowing me to do anything in my return

I imported a TXF file from token tax on a macbook, it took a long time to import, once imported everything keeps spinning not allowing me to work inside the return at all then eventually gives an error message saying there's a problem and Turbo tax needs to shutdown. I've force quit, restarted, tried to remove the TXF file and nothing works. Any help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I tried to import a TXF file and it freezes not allowing me to do anything in my return

this is from Token Tax

How to import crypto into TurboTax CD/Download/Desktop

Note that TurboTax's CD / Desktop edition does not officially support cryptocurrency. We recommend you use the web version for the best cryptocurrency tax support.

It is possible to include your crypto with your tax return via the TurboTax desktop / CD / downloaded edition. Note that the transaction limit in this case is higher than the their web version, at 3,000 transactions.

If you are still above 3,000 transactions, refer to the instructions above for sending in your 8949 separately.

How to import your transactions into TurboTax:

1. In your TokenTax Documents screen, create and download a Form 8949 TXF.
  2. On TurboTax, select File -> Import -> From Accounting Software (Windows) or File -> Import -> From TXF Files (Mac)
  3. Select Other Financial Software (TXF file) and click Continue
  4. Select the TXF file you saved from TokenTax and click Import Now
  5. Click Done on the next screen
  6. To review the added information, go to Personal -> Personal Income and scroll down to Investment Income
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies