Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

st3ve00

I thought I had a1095-A form but it turns out I don't, how do I get that removed? I don't want to finalize my tax return and end up being rejected.

A question on the tax form asked me about having a 1095-A form and i pressed yes initially to read about because I thought I had one but it turns out I don't, now that question is on my tax form and I'm unable to go back and take it off. It's only giving me a option now of choosing: Yes I have a 1095-A form, or No, I don't have a form. I picked no, but Im afraid to file my taxes and get rejected because I didn't include a form the turbotax system thinks I have if you know what I mean... I did buy health insurance through the PA marketplace in 2023 but I never received a card or confirmation that they even received my payment even though it came out of my bank account. I've tried calling the PA pennie health insurance but can't get through to anyone so far. I see on here they mail out the forms mid-february, so should I wait till then to see if I get it in the mail for an insurance that I'm not even sure went active for 1 month? I got kicked off medical assistance in my state for getting a job...Also if I have health insurance through Pennie/PA marketplace this whole year and recieved like $300 off my premiums for health insurance through the credit they give out, do I need to pay all of that money back somehow at the next years tax filings? Thanks...Steve
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
st3ve00

I thought I had a1095-A form but it turns out I don't, how do I get that removed? I don't want to finalize my tax return and end up being rejected.

I should also include the health insurance that I bought through the Pennie website was only for the month of December of 2023. I had gotten notified I was getting kicked off medical assistance after being on it for 2 years prior to that prior month in November 2023. I guess I don't know if I really was technically covered because even though I paid the premium money for the insurance, I never got confirmation or anything else from the insurance company. I ended up buying insurance through the marketplace for 2024 so far and I did recieve my card and confirmation for that but it's like they just took my money and didn't do anything for December, possibly because even though I was told my medical assistance was getting turned off, it might've still been active during December....anyone have any idea how to go about this? I guess I should just call the pennie help line but I can't ever get through. I waited an hour today and they finally picked up and just hung up on me. 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

It is okay if the return gets rejected - after it is rejected, it will be in the same state it is in now.   Since you did sign up in 2023, you will most likely require the 1095-A.    You can find your 1095-A through the Healthcare.gov website.   

1. Under "Your Existing Applications," select your 2023 application — not your 2024 application.
  2. Select “Tax Forms."
  3. Download all 1095-As.

Get screen-by-screen directions, with pictures (PDF, 504 KB).

Note: If you can't find your 1095-A in your Marketplace account, contact the Marketplace Call Center.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies