aucontraire57

I think I clicked on the wrong choice in one of my income questions. How can I see what choice I made for my 2019 Return?

DawnC

When you are inside of your tax return, click on Federal on the left menu.  Then click Wages & Income at the top.  You will see a list of all the income items you have entered so far.  You can revisit any section that you need to from there.   If you need to see more income options, click on Add more income at the bottom of that screen.  

aucontraire57

Could not find left menu, nor "Federal".  Could not go any farther.  Now I don't think my 2019 return is accessible anyway until Feb. 26 or 27.  I feel I have to do an amended 2019 return now.

KarenM90

If you have not e-filed or mailed your return in yet, you can "add a state" to make changes: (You won't be adding a state)

1.    Sign In to TurboTax Online

2.    Click "My TurboTax" menu

3.    Press "Visit My Tax Timeline" 

4.    Under the "SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO" heading, choose "Add a state" (you're not really adding a state, this allows you to get back into your return). 

5.    Complete/correct as needed.

If you have already e-filed or mailed your return and you need to make a correction, you will need to amend your return.  Please follow the steps below:

If it is accepted and contains incorrect information, you can amend the return:

To Amend your return in Turbo Tax Online follow these steps:

1.  Sign in to your Turbo Tax Account

2.  Scroll down to  Your tax returns and documents and select Amend (change) 2019 return, then Amend using Turbo Tax Online.

3.  Select the reason you are amending and Continue

4.  Answer the questions about your Federal return, then begin amending your State return when it says "Lets get started on your state taxes...."

To Amend your return in Turbo Tax Desktop;

1.  Open your tax file you need to amend and select Online and Check for Updates.  

2.  Go to the Federal Taxes tab (or the Personal Tab, if you are using Home & Business) and select the Other Tax Situations Tab.

3.  Scroll down to Other Tax Forms and Select Start next to Amend a return.

4.  Answer the appropriate questions for the State and Federal Returns.