Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I submitted my tax returns through mail. But upon inspecting it, my social security is incorrect, how do I fix it ?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I submitted my tax returns through mail. But upon inspecting it, my social security is incorrect, how do I fix it ?

IRS should reject it and send you a letter regarding this and asking for correct number.

If you do not get the letter and it approaches April 15th then print a new return with the correct SSN on it and mail it in by the due date.

But wait for the letter as if you file another return now, things might really get messed up.

You do however no matter what go back to TurboTax and Edit yourself in the Personal Information section and change it to the correct SSN.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

IRS should reject it and send you a letter regarding this and asking for correct number.

If you do not get the letter and it approaches April 15th then print a new return with the correct SSN on it and mail it in by the due date.

But wait for the letter as if you file another return now, things might really get messed up.

You do however no matter what go back to TurboTax and Edit yourself in the Personal Information section and change it to the correct SSN.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies