Not necessarily. To check on your second stimulus payment, please follow these steps:
- Check the IRS Get My Payment tool. The tool should tell you where your stimulus payment was
deposited or mailed. The IRS has indicated there’s nothing you can do to change where they send your payment.
- If your payment was delivered to a prepaid Turbo® Visa® Debit Card and you no longer have it, we’ll help you get a replacement card at no cost. Just click on this link: Get a replacement card
- If you paid for TurboTax with your refund last year, we have given the IRS your correct account information and they are working to send your payment within days.
- If you were entitled to a stimulus payment but did not receive one, and you didn’t pay for TurboTax with your refund last year, you may need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 taxes to get your money.
For more information, please click on the following links:
I paid turbotax with my refund last year. I have checked the IRS website to track my stimulus. It states that my status is "No Status Available". IRS website states that if that status is displayed and I have not received my stimulus by now then I will have to claim it on my 2020 tax return. What Turbotax is stating and what the IRS is stating conflicts each other which is rather confusing.
It sounds like you may have been one of the taxpayers who was affected by an IRS processing error that delayed payments.
We are happy to share that TurboTax customers who were affected by the IRS processing error that delayed some stimulus payments should begin seeing deposits into their accounts as soon as January 8, 2021.
This update may not be reflected in the Get My Payment tool at the IRS due to the focus on efforts to distribute the payments.
These payments will be distributed to the account listed for your federal refund on your 2019 tax return. If you did not have a refund in 2019, did not receive your 2019 refund via direct deposit, or did not file a return, the IRS may not have your direct deposit information and you should expect to either receive a check or to claim the payment on your 2020 tax return.
If you do not see a payment either in your bank account or your mailbox by January 15, 2021, you should claim your payment via the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return. Please hold off filing returns until after this date to ensure that you are preparing the most accurate return possible.
For TurboTax customers who need to claim the credit on your tax return, you are encouraged to file early (but after January 15) to receive these funds as quickly as possible. In TurboTax, you will enter information about the credit when prompted near the end of the interview in the Final Review section of the program.
More information about the payments and any additional updates can be found at the following links:
- IRS Updates on the Second Stimulus
- IRS Statement about Second Economic Impact Payments
- Why Haven't I Received My Second Stimulus Check?
- TurboTax updates on the second stimulus
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"