Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I stay in Taiwan whole 2017. So, I don't need to pay PA state tax.

I don't need pay PA tax. How can  I change the Resident Address and Mailing Address?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

It depends -

If PA is your resident state and you are only in Taiwan for a temporary stay and you plan to return to PA after your temporary stay in Taiwan, then you will need to file a PA resident state income tax return (even though you have been outside the country all year).

However, if you left PA with no plans to return then you will not have to pay any PA state income taxes.

To change your mailing address and state of residency, go to the information section of TurboTax and use your foreign address, then where it asks about resident state, select "Foreign or US Possession".

To delete the PA return, just going the state tab and select delete. (You may actually have to finish the return before you can delete - you will not be charged just to finish the state return.)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DS30

It depends -

If PA is your resident state and you are only in Taiwan for a temporary stay and you plan to return to PA after your temporary stay in Taiwan, then you will need to file a PA resident state income tax return (even though you have been outside the country all year).

However, if you left PA with no plans to return then you will not have to pay any PA state income taxes.

To change your mailing address and state of residency, go to the information section of TurboTax and use your foreign address, then where it asks about resident state, select "Foreign or US Possession".

To delete the PA return, just going the state tab and select delete. (You may actually have to finish the return before you can delete - you will not be charged just to finish the state return.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies