turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pacers10

I sell life Insurance and I was told that if I didn't receive $600 or more of commission within the year I won't receive a 1099. How do I report the income?

When I try to put the figures I calculated for income for the companies I don't have a 1099 for, it won't let me because I don't have a Fed/tax ID for them.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenaC

I sell life Insurance and I was told that if I didn't receive $600 or more of commission within the year I won't receive a 1099. How do I report the income?

You don't have to enter the Employer Identification Number. Add all the non-1099-MISC form amounts together and enter them as follows:

Your self-employment income was from cash or personal checks or credit card payments:

• Type “Schedule C” in the Search box and then select the “Jump to” link.
  • This will take you to where you can enter any cash, personal checks or credit card payments (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment.
  • You may be asked some general questions about your business.
  •  After you answer them, you’ll be taken to the Your Business screen where you can enter this income as Additional Income under Business Income.

You received a 1099-MISC for your self-employed income:

• Type “1099-misc” in the Search box and then select the “Jump to” link.
  • This will take you directly to the section where you can enter your 1099-MISC.
  • You’ll also be able to enter any cash, personal checks or credit card payments (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment.
Related Information:

View solution in original post

1 Reply
HelenaC

You don't have to enter the Employer Identification Number. Add all the non-1099-MISC form amounts together and enter them as follows:

Your self-employment income was from cash or personal checks or credit card payments:

• Type “Schedule C” in the Search box and then select the “Jump to” link.
  • This will take you to where you can enter any cash, personal checks or credit card payments (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment.
  • You may be asked some general questions about your business.
  •  After you answer them, you’ll be taken to the Your Business screen where you can enter this income as Additional Income under Business Income.

You received a 1099-MISC for your self-employed income:

• Type “1099-misc” in the Search box and then select the “Jump to” link.
  • This will take you directly to the section where you can enter your 1099-MISC.
  • You’ll also be able to enter any cash, personal checks or credit card payments (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment.
Related Information:
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies