saraprice76

I received commission but taxes were never paid from the commission. How do I file this

Hal_Al

If you are sure, it's not already in box 1 of your W-2, the easiest way to enter it is at the 1099-Misc screen, even though you didn't actually get a 1099. In TurboTax (TT), enter at:

- Federal Taxes tab (Personal in  Home & Business)

- Wages & Income

-         “I’ll choose what I work on” Button

Scroll down to:

- Other Common Income

-Income from Form 1099-Misc

When asked why you got the 1099-Misc, enter "Commission"

On the next screen where it asks "Do one of these uncommon situations apply", select "My employer reported this extra money on a 1099-Misc but it should have been reported on a W-2. TT will prepare form 8919 for you to pay your share of FICA.

How was it reported to you? W-2? 1099-MISC?
saraprice76

I was given checks from my employer

So they didn't give you any forms at all?  Normally, an employer must report this on W-2.
Hal_Al

Are you sure the amounts are not included in box 1 of your W-2?
If they were, you don't do anything special. Just complete your return. The tax will be include in the bottom line
saraprice76

No it's not included in my hourly pay.  It doesn't add up.
Hal_Al

- Wages & Income

Scroll down to:

- Other Common Income

-Income from Form 1099-Misc