Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lohr4fam

I received an email to sign in to TurboTax because Idnotify detected my email on the dark web. I signed in to turbo tax, but I don't have any notifications to confirm

Is this spam, maybe?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I received an email to sign in to TurboTax because Idnotify detected my email on the dark web. I signed in to turbo tax, but I don't have any notifications to confirm

If you enrolled in IDNotify when you paid for turbotax (it's an extra fee), then you need to log into your IDNotify account to see any alerts, not your Turbotax account.  Turbotax only does taxes, not ID protection.

If you are concerned about the email, log directly into your IDNotify account after making  sure you see a padlock icon in your web browser's address window.  Don't click on links in the email itself. 

See here for more,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-product-orders/idnotify-relations...

mzz65401

I have the same thing. Says my email was found on the dark web. It said I should sign in. There is a video to watch but it won't let me watch it. Does anyone know if this is real?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies