Solved: I received an email stating that I owe you $36.00 ...

I received an email stating that I owe you $36.00 when I applied for the free service.

It was free why am I being charged?

You can see what you are being charged for at this link: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

Every charge has a disclosure page, you should not click "OK" unless you agree to whatever it is and the cost.

Turbotax Online is "free to start" but the final cost is determined by the complexity of your return, the forms used, and any additional services you agree to.  $36 might be the cost for PLUS or MAX benefits, which includes Audit Defense, Identity Theft Protection, and a few other things.  It was optional, did you agree to it?

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**