Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received an 1099R for 2022 with a code P. Turbo says i need to amend 2022 return to include that 1099r. My question is whether I need to include that 1099R in my 2023 return in addition to amending 2022 return ? Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

I received an 1099R for 2022 with a code P. Turbo says i need to amend 2022 return to include that 1099r. My question is whether I need to include that 1099R in my 2023 return in addition to amending 2022 return ? Thank you.

No, you don't need to include the 2023 Form 1099-R with code P on your 2023 tax return if you did not have any tax withholdings in box 4 and 14.  If you had tax withholdings then you must enter the 2023 Form 1099-R into the 2023 tax return since the withholdings are reported in the year that the tax was withheld. TurboTax will ignore the income because of the  code P but the withholdings will be applied to 2023.

If you did not add the excess deferral to your wages on your 2022 return when you filed your 2022 return then you will need to amend the 2022 return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies