Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aroths

I received a1099- PART due to having a personal home mortgage with Greenstone Farm Credit Services. Do I have to report this Patronage dividend as income?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I received a1099- PART due to having a personal home mortgage with Greenstone Farm Credit Services. Do I have to report this Patronage dividend as income?

No.  If the dividends in Box 1 of your 1099-PATR came from property purchased for personal use, you do not have to enter your 1099-PATR. Keep it with your tax records, though.

Most often, your Form 1099-PATR reports dividends associated with a farm or cooperative (co-op). You can also receive a 1099-PATR for other reasons (for example, a land bank mortgage or backup withholdings made on your behalf).

The 1099-PATR gets entered if for a farm, co-op, or general business income.   

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

No.  If the dividends in Box 1 of your 1099-PATR came from property purchased for personal use, you do not have to enter your 1099-PATR. Keep it with your tax records, though.

Most often, your Form 1099-PATR reports dividends associated with a farm or cooperative (co-op). You can also receive a 1099-PATR for other reasons (for example, a land bank mortgage or backup withholdings made on your behalf).

The 1099-PATR gets entered if for a farm, co-op, or general business income.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies