butterfly202-

I received a corrected consolidated brokerage 1099 but it is the same as the original. What should I do?

I received a corrected copy of a 1099 consolidated tax statement for tax year 2016.
It is the same as the original I received. When I completed an amended return Turbo Tax pointed out there were no changes. What should I do?

NancyG

If there are no changes, there is no need to file an amended return.  Be sure to check that there is no change to capital loss carryforward to 2017 as this will not change taxable income for 2016. However, it will have an impact on your future tax liabilities.

NancyG