Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a 1099-Misc with information in the proper category as well as info that belongs on a 1099-Int ~ ugh

Is there any way I can actually change the information to get into the correct place when the company that sent me the information on 1099 didn't complete the forms correctly?  If I ask them to resubmit, I will likely have to get an extension or something horribly inconvenient. Any sage advice out there?  Thanks in advance.  The amount of money is all of $11.  :(

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

I received a 1099-Misc with information in the proper category as well as info that belongs on a 1099-Int ~ ugh

You can enter the information in the Interest section so that it is reported on the tax return on the correct place.  There are many different rules on the 1099 reporting- they are information returns which are provided to you and the IRS to make sure all income is accounted for (more or less).  Always keep tax records together and save them for at least three years just in case you have to answer any questions.  (I suggest writing notes on it now while it is fresh).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies