Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

murfbomb

I received a 1099 Misc form and it is from a single book sale. Do I need to report it since the amount is only $28?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
bconforto

I received a 1099 Misc form and it is from a single book sale. Do I need to report it since the amount is only $28?

You should be able to record it as 'Other Income'.  This will allow you to avoid the schedule C. 

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Yes. You need to report all your income subject to tax, no matter the amount. 

murfbomb

I got an earlier reply about posting my 1099 Misc under other income. Then I can avoid the schedule c. Even though I only got $28 I still need to report it? I don't even know where other income is. I saw other common income but not just other income. 

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Yes, you have to report it.

1. Sign in to TurboTax Online, click Continue your return, then pick up where I left off (if you are using TurboTax CD/ Download, then just open your return on your computer).
  1. Click on Federal Taxes at the top of the screen.
  2. At the bottom of Your Income box pick the option in blue to help me add other income, then jump to full list;
  3. Scroll down the page to the last section titled: Less common Income and click show more;
  4. Select start or update next to the last topic titled Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C;
  5. Scroll down to the last option titled Other reportable income and select start or edit;
  6. When it asks, "Any other reportable income?" say yes then type in a description and the amount to report it on your tax return.

This will place it on "Other Income" line of your Form 1040.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies