Solved: I received $402 less than TurboTax said, from my I...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaymojaymo10

I received $402 less than TurboTax said, from my IL state return. When I review my state worksheet, I see that $402 is the exact amount of what they’re calling “non refundable credit”.

Did TurboTax make an error in their calculation? Or am Inot due this amount back?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
bluedeb
Level 15

I received $402 less than TurboTax said, from my IL state return. When I review my state worksheet, I see that $402 is the exact amount of what they’re calling “non refundable credit”.

non-refundable tax credit is a tax credit that can only reduce a taxpayer's liability to zero. You do not receive the amount as a refund, it reduced your tax liability (income you are taxed on) so you paid less taxes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
bluedeb
Level 15

non-refundable tax credit is a tax credit that can only reduce a taxpayer's liability to zero. You do not receive the amount as a refund, it reduced your tax liability (income you are taxed on) so you paid less taxes.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings