Solved: I received $402 less than TurboTax said, from my I...

jaymojaymo10

I received $402 less than TurboTax said, from my IL state return. When I review my state worksheet, I see that $402 is the exact amount of what they’re calling “non refundable credit”.

Did TurboTax make an error in their calculation? Or am Inot due this amount back?

bluedeb

non-refundable tax credit is a tax credit that can only reduce a taxpayer's liability to zero. You do not receive the amount as a refund, it reduced your tax liability (income you are taxed on) so you paid less taxes.

bluedeb