turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

owen16

I purchased company stock via ESPP . I sold the stock. my company withdrew 33% for taxes from my paycheck, this is not on W2. Where do I input taxes withheld ?

Shows up as ESPP taxes on final pay stub of 870.83 but does not show on W2
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KenH1

I purchased company stock via ESPP . I sold the stock. my company withdrew 33% for taxes from my paycheck, this is not on W2. Where do I input taxes withheld ?

1) are you sure that those taxes withheld aren't lumped into box 2?   2) did you receive a form from a third party administrator, such as ComputerShare?
owen16

Yes I'm sure it isn't shown on W-2, my final pay stub has it in the "After tax deduction" section

If the compensation is on your W-2 then the withheld taxes associated with the compensation should be on there also.  Ask your payroll department.  If the taxes aren't on your W-2 - I'm betting they are - then get a corrected W-2.
KenH1

If you are sure that these taxes were withheld in 2016 and not reported elsewhere, you can enter it manually.  Go to:

Click Federal Taxes (top menu)

Click Deductions & Credits (just below top menu)

Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid and click Show More

Click Start next to Other Income Taxes

Answer Yes, then scroll down to Other Income Taxes Paid in 2016

Click Start next to Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies