Solved: I paid my taxes by credit card, but efile was rejected and need to file by mail; now it's directing me to send a check for the balanced owed (which I paid), what do I do?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I paid my taxes by credit card, but efile was rejected and need to file by mail; now it's directing me to send a check for the balanced owed (which I paid), what do I do?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I paid my taxes by credit card, but efile was rejected and need to file by mail; now it's directing me to send a check for the balanced owed (which I paid), what do I do?

File your tax return by mail. Don't send a check, and don't include the payment voucher (Form 1040-V) with your return. The IRS will match up your credit card payment with your mailed tax return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

File your tax return by mail. Don't send a check, and don't include the payment voucher (Form 1040-V) with your return. The IRS will match up your credit card payment with your mailed tax return.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks!
Highlighted
Level 1

I'm in the same boat—this was super helpful! 🙂

v
Privacy Settings