Solved: I paid my taxes by credit card, but efile was rejected and need to file by mail; now it's directing me to send a check for the balanced owed (which I paid), what do I do?

I paid my taxes by credit card, but efile was rejected and need to file by mail; now it's directing me to send a check for the balanced owed (which I paid), what do I do?

File your tax return by mail. Don't send a check, and don't include the payment voucher (Form 1040-V) with your return. The IRS will match up your credit card payment with your mailed tax return.

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat—this was super helpful! 🙂