iekhanine

I owed taxes this year ($89); and provided my bank account information for an ACH transfer. Will this same account information be used for the stimulus deposit as well?

ColeenD3

We do not have that confirmed. To be on the safe side do the following.

Filers: Get Your Payment

Use the "Get My Payment" application (coming mid-April) to:

• Check your payment status
  • Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
  • Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if we don't have  your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment yet

Get My Payment (coming mid-April)

Update your information

Direct deposit: Use the Get My Payment application (coming mid-April) to let us know your bank account information if we don't have your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment.

Check payment: If you moved since you last filed, let us know your new mailing address.

NorthBeach_MD_Filer

I also owed money on my 2019 taxes, and I provided my bank information on my return when I filed it on TurboTax. I am unable to use the IRS Get My Payment tool in order to give them my bank deposit information, because it tells me "Payment Status Not Available". It has for a week now and I check it every day. It would be good to know that the information TurboTax shares with the IRS, includes the bank account information for filers who owed in 2019.