Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I owed money to the Fed. I elected to have the fed gov deduct what I owed from bank account on April 1. So far nothing has been debited. What should i do??

I e-filed with Turbo-tax.  I also owed to the state where I live and they have already debited the amount from my account.   The Federal Government so far has not debited money from my account.  I fear some error has occurred.  Is there some way to verify through Turbo tax that the debit was transmitted to the government successfully?  My e-file was accepted with no problem.  I am concerned that my payment won't be made before May 17th.  Any suggestions?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

I owed money to the Fed. I elected to have the fed gov deduct what I owed from bank account on April 1. So far nothing has been debited. What should i do??

The direct debit will occur on or after the date you specified when you selected the direct debit option.  

See the following TurboTax article for more information and advice:  When will my tax payment go through?

There is a phone number included in the article which you can call if the debit has not executed 10 days after your return was accepted by the IRS.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your reply.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies