turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I owe the irs but when I called the treasury number it says there’s no offset, is there a chance they would still take my return?

I called the treasury number and it said I had no offset does that mean I’ll get my return 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I owe the irs but when I called the treasury number it says there’s no offset, is there a chance they would still take my return?

The Bureau of Fiscal Service only handles non-Federal tax offsets.  The IRS takes it's owed money first.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I’m also in chapter 7 bankruptcy, I was told by the irs that they can’t take any wages while in bankruptcy I just wonder if it counts for the return also

Don't know, but how could the IRS even know that.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

They have a bankruptcy team

Only the IRS can answer your question.   We would have no way of knowing what the IRS will do or know.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies