barbarasummers54

I overrode AMT amounts to match my final return prepared by a CPA. Turbo tax now shows error messages. How can I correct the 2015 AMT numbers used in my 2016 return? Or, can I go ahead and file with the error messages?

I have compared the AMT adjustments and know that my override numbers are correct.  The 2015 estimated numbers in Turbo Tax are in error.

macuser_22

Answered in comments.

macuser_22

Overrides void the TurboTax accuracy guarantee and cannot be e-filed.
webb-damien

Thank you.  Can I fix the incorrect numbers in the 2015 file and transfer to 2016 without starting over.
webb-damien

Thank you.  Can I correct the 2015 amounts in the return since it was never filed and transfer values without starting the 2016 return over?
macuser_22

Since you overrode, I am assuming that you are using the CD/download version that has the forms mode.  Try switching to the forms mode and open the "Carryover Wks".  Line 17 should have the 2015 AMT carryover and that *can* be changed without an override since it is a user entered item.
barbarasummers54

Thank you.  That worked!
macuser_22

Answered in comments.