Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

srward21

I only want to file federal through TurboTax as I’ve already filed state. Is there an option to only purchase federal taxes cause it’s trying to charge me $64 extra

How do I get it to only charge me for federal and not state as I don’t need to file a state because I already filed through a different site
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DawnC
Expert Alumni

I only want to file federal through TurboTax as I’ve already filed state. Is there an option to only purchase federal taxes cause it’s trying to charge me $64 extra

Delete the state return.  You can delete your state return by following these instructions. 

Note: If you've already paid your TurboTax state fees or registered your free version with your state return attached, you can't delete your state return.

Note: If your TurboTax navigation looks different from what’s described here, learn more.

1. Sign in and open a section of your return.
  2. From the menu, select State and then select Continue on the Let's get your state taxes done right screen.
  3. On the Status of your state returns screen, select Delete next to your state, then answer Yes.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies